Friday, September 25, 2009

sleepless again

While all of you sleep I'm fully awake.

I wonder to myself most of the time, Wow, how wonderful it must be to rest my body and mind from the trials of life and relax at long last. Letting my soul recharge, just as you would plug in a set of nickel cadmium (NiCd) or nickel metal hydride (NiMH) -

but I can't silence myself that easily; I keep going, and going and going until I'm disposable.

May as well be disposable because I burn myself out like the hot ember of a struck match. Flaring ferociously, immediately combustible in bright red and orange, settling into blue.
Finally the flames lick and devour everything around me just like they do the thin paper stem.

All that is left is a smoldering puff of ash.

That is what's left of me when I've finally wasted every last ounce of my crazy energy.

Ashes - extinguished but quietly ready to rekindle with just a breath.