Monday, November 2, 2009

Thoughts about All Hallows Eve

It's been years since I've had the 'treat' of going out for tricks, and this year was such a pleasure for me. This year I talked the husband into doing something which I find a great deal of fun - dressing up in disguise and joining the rest of the silly adults for laughter and drinks.

Halloween to me is a non-holiday, it's the opportunity to shed our daily mask and don one of the many persona's that hide within us. Whether you might be a clown, silly and wishing to turn a frown upside down or perhaps you always wanted to be a police officer ready to arrest someone for their wrong doings (or just be naught and slap the cuffs on and have that power over them!).

Seriously if you ask me, Halloween is the day we release ourselves from the daily grind and cut loose. Behind the make-up or the rubber mask we are free at last to express ourselves in the freest fashion possible.